Buy with a REALTOR®, or go it alone?
In the same way that many people decide not to fix their own cars or do their own dental work, it's wise to enlist a professional when purchasing your most valuable asset. Real estate transactions are complex, time consuming and involve a lot of legal documentation. Your REALTOR® is knowledgeable and highly motivated to help you get your ideal home at the the best possible price.
Before flying solo, truly know what a REALTOR® can offer:
1. Your REALTOR® will navigate the home buying process and paperwork for you from start to finish, ensuring everything flows smoothly without any surprises.
2. Your REALTOR® will find the right home, in the neighbourhood you want, at a price you can afford.
3. Your REALTOR® will get a feel for the neighbourhood including schools, parks and other amenities.
4. Your REALTOR® will help find out if you are eligible for government home ownership incentive programs.
5. Your REALTOR® will help you assess mortgage products and different types of lenders to see what fits your needs.
6. Your REALTOR® will negotiate purchase price and contract terms, such as date of possession, required repairs, included furnishings or equipment.
7. Your REALTOR® will direct you through complex contracts.
8. Your REALTOR® will help you find qualified industry professionals, such as real estate lawyers, home appraisers and home inspectors.
9. Your REALTOR® will help you plan for closing costs and other related expenses.